Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Lucky to Have Been Where I Have Been; Lucky to be Coming Home Again

I write this post on the plane from Tampa to New York. It’s all sort of surreal. It feels like yesterday I finally mustered up the courage to commit to VIDES and take a hiatus from life in the northeast. Yet, here I am five months later. Blessed, I am so incredibly blessed.  It is the only word that comes to mind as I reflect on it all.
Was it everything I hoped it would be? Was it what I expected? I don’t know. I do know that I have learned an immense amount about my faith, human nature and myself. Fr. Steve Ryan and Mary Help of Christians in Tampa, FL have forever changed me. My gratitude is endless and words will fail to adequately express the love I feel for the people I have met along the way. 
It is not goodbye; it is only see you later.


the greatest boss, teacher and spiritual father 

one last sunset at Mary Help


New York, I'm home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment