Monday, January 27, 2014

"Be bold. Be humble. Be courageous."

The words the Blessed Mother gave to St John Bosco when she appeared in his dream at 9 years old. These are words that have been passed on to all those opening themselves up to the Salesians. Words graciously given to me tonight. Words that are so heavy. So big. So meaningful. So right. 
I've been in Tampa for nearly two weeks now and about a month away from all that I know.
This past weekend we celebrated the Feast of St John Bosco here at Mary Help. It was a tiring weekend- a charity dinner, a picnic, an international mass and festival for 800 people - so much crammed into 3 days. As I reflect on it, part of me cannot believe that so much happened in such a short period of time. Then I smile and laugh because the words of the Blessed Mother summarize the weekend quite poetically- we were bold in our planning, humble when things became too big or too much and courageous in seeing all of it through. The Spirit filled us all. 800 people gathering in one space to receive the Eucharist, hear the word of God and celebrate the life and teachings of Don Bosco was such a profound profession of faith. Something I am so grateful to have been a part of.

On the topic of gratitude, I thank you all for reading this. Moreover, I thank you for standing by me as I find myself while using faith in Christ as my vehicle. Please continue to pray for me as I strive to follow the words of our Blessed Mother: "be bold, be humble, be courageous". 

No comments:

Post a Comment