Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Let's Start at the Very Beginning...A Very Good Place to Start

Before I start posting on my travels and service work I figured I should get you all up to speed. In December I graduated from The University of Scranton with a BS in Counseling and Human Services.  As you may know, I am painfully indecisive. Thus, as the semester and my undergraduate career drew to a close it was not shocking that I could not pin down what it was that I wanted to do next. I had laid out only a few options for myself in hopes that when the time came to make a decision it would be quite easy (best laid plans...). Anyway, I ultimately came to a decision - I would spend the next 6 months doing missionary/service work. The organization I am working for is VIDES - Volunteers In Development, Education and Solidarity; a Catholic organization run by the Salesians. My placement for my missionary work is in Tampa, Florida. Before my mission can begin though I needed to attend a Formation and Service Camp at VIDES+USA central office. So, two short weeks after packing up and leaving the Electric City I was on a plane and headed to San Antonio, Texas. 


This blog will probably be your best way to stay up to date with my happenings. I apologize in advance for I know I will be using my phone infrequently. For personal correspondence, my email address is colleenbennett1010@gmail.com

I want to thank you all for accompanying me on my journey. The love, guidance, words of encouragement and prayers are certainly needed and felt. 

                                                                    Peace and Love
                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment